Just a quick introduction

World of Sled Dogs



Yes that is me, just a quick picture of me racing in 6 dog class at a local race.  I have been involved with sled dogs for over 20 years now.  Racing both distance and sprint races in Western Canada.  I am hoping that I will be able to help people starting out in the world of sled dogs as there really is a ton to learn.  Hopefully you won't make all the same mistakes that I made.


Another shot of me blasting out of the starting chute a couple of years back, these dogs were moving.

There are many different race types and obviously from my pictures different types of sled dogs. I am going to go into all of this in as much detail as possible from my experiences.  I am also hoping to follow a distance race that takes place in Western Canada.  I find there is very little race coverage on line and sometimes it can be confusing for someone watching from home to really understand what is going on in the race.  I think the best way to keep people informed is to provide almost live updates from the trail.

This blog will cover a broad range of topics including dog types, races, sled gear, equipment and much more.  Hope you enjoy and follow along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sled Dog Team Positions